Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bracketology

     I have never filled out a bracket for this supposed "March Madness." I went to an all guys school throughout middle and high school so around this time of year I would feel somewhat left out. I tried to like that type of thing, I really did. I remember sitting at home alone watching sports center trying to like it, but it just didn't happen. The only thing remotely interesting I found was the top ten plays, and everything else just kind of bored me. My friends tried to persuade me to fill out a bracket, saying I could just write in random names, but I realize now they just wanted to have more money in the pot.
     However, I've been at the place for a while where I feel incredibly comfortable with my dislike of sports (with an exception of soccer). Still, sometimes I like to have fun with it. If people are talking about football I'll mention the guy who threw the ball to the guy who ran really fast and got hit by that big guy on the other team. This happened one time last year when I was coaching a girls' soccer team with a guy from my church. He was a huge Alabama fan and was getting ready for the game against LSU. So, he decided to talk to me about it. Luckily, I had a groin injury at the time and had spent a substantial amount of time in the training room. In there they had also been talking about the big game coming up, so I just repeated everything I had heard. He actually bought it all and got in an argument I had not stake in. It was fun. With all of this being said, I didn't really have any idea what to write about concerning bracketology. Go Braves!

3 comments:

  1. Never filled out a bracket? That's unAmerican!

    I certainly suggest you try it. You don't have to put money down or watch the games, but if you keep up with how your bracket is doing against those around you, it can be very fun for a competitive person. Some of us were groomed to like sports and others weren't, and I understand that, but I have hardly met anyone who hasn't filled out a bracket. I certainly think you should give it a try. You are part of a species that is very competitive over stupid stuff, so it can be very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of in the same situation. Getting into sports is something that I'm not opposed to, but can never quite seem to stick with.

    Incidentally, did you see that sporting event the other day? The results sure were surprising. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things about the tournament has that not all events do is their are many more sidestroies at play then just the game itself. Also I have had friend pick pretty good brackets just based on mascot or colors

    ReplyDelete